Sunday, January 20, 2013

I just watched Detropia. Great film very well thought out, good tracking and visual images. Here is one of the greatest cities of our lifetime rotting away to nothing. Is this going to happen to all our cities? Is this our fault? How could a city that 20 years ago had 1.7M people and today has less then 700k? George the union president had the most profound thing to say. He said, "Is the greed our fault?" "Shouldn't we all take responsibility?" I say yes, if you ever signed your name to a union card then YES you are at fault. You want to know why China is selling their cars at half our price? NO greed. In it's heyday Detroit was living it up we can't be stopped. Greed will bring a big city, business or an individual to their knees. I'm feeling for the people of Detroit. But this is an American idea.... what can I get, how do I get a flashier car then the next guy? How much bling can I wear more then you? Face it you want to tell me the products that came out of our industry in the 80s and 90s were the best quality? Honda ran circles around Detroit with their quality? Why couldn't we put out quality? The big three had to spend too much money to salary's, all around. From the top down.
This is a very good film and it has inspired me to follow a few stories that I want to tell.

So, stay tuned.

No comments:

Social Media